Makes 18 Cookies
200g Plain Flour, sifted
1 tsp Baking Powder
100g Butter, softened
100g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
100g White Chocolate Chips, good quality (I use a bar of Lindt White Chocolate)
85g Pistachio Nuts, shelled and unsalted
- Pre heat the oven to 165ºC. (My oven is fan assisted, so a moderate oven).
- Break up the bar of white chocolate into the smallest pieces you can, (I use a rolling pin), and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the pistachio nuts finely and add them to the chocolate in the bowl.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into the bowl and beat until they are all thoroughly combined. (I use a hand held electric beater).
- Use two baking trays and cover each with baking parchment.
- Place 9 mounds of the mixture onto each tray, so 18 in all. Make sure that they are spaced well apart to allow for spreading during cooking.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are slightly golden. (They may look underdone, but don't be tempted to leave them in. This is why they have the soft gooey centre).
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack before serving.
- You can make any variation of cookie, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, cranberry and pecan, chopped apricot and almond and so on.
- I often place the cookies in batches of 9 into a cellophane bag and tie up with ribbon to give to my friends. Enjoy the whoops of joy!