- 4 ripe Avocados
- 3 tablespoons of fat free Natural Yoghurt (use sour cream if you want to indulge!)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons Coriander, finely chopped
- Salt to taste (I use just under a teaspoon in this recipe)
- Halve and stone the avocados and scoop the flesh out and place into a bowl.
- Add the juice of a whole lemon & the juice of a whole lime into the bowl with the avocados.
- Add all the other ingredients into the bowl and mash the avocados with a fork or a potato masher.
- Make sure that all the ingredients are well mixed. I prefer to do this by hand rather than in my food processor, because I like the guacamole to have texture. It can however be blended together in a food processor if you want a smooth consistency.
- I make and serve my guacamole in a traditional Mexican Molcajete. This is a mortar and the Tejolete is the pestle, which are hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock. It's perfect for crushing spices and making spice blends and I also use it for making homemade pesto.
- If you want to use the guacamole as a dressing for your salads, I would blitz all the ingredients in a food processor and add another 3 tablespoons of fat free yoghurt to loosen it.