- 250g Courgette
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Spring Onion, finely chopped
- Juice of half small Lime
- Half Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp plus extra for the topping, Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 15g fresh Coriander
- 1 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 0.5 tsp Salt or to taste
- The courgette needs to be spiralized to make it into spaghetti. You can use a julienne peeler, or a knife if you don't have a spiralizer. Set aside once done.
- Place one tablespoon of olive oil into a small frypan and heat up on a medium setting. Place the chopped garlic into the olive oil and fry for around 30 seconds. Do not allow it to brown and take it off the heat and set aside.
- Peel and chop the avocado into a bowl and mix in the lime juice and add the salt. Using a fork, just mash the avocado until it is smooth.
- Into a herb mill, or small food processor, add the chilli, coriander, pine nuts and spring onion and blitz.
- Add this mixture from the herb mill into the avocado, along with the garlic and the Parmesan cheese and mix it all together.
- In a large fry pan or wok, add a tablespoon of olive oil and on a medium to high setting heat up the oil. Add the courgetti and cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the pesto. Take the pan off the heat and the pesto will stay warm in the residual heat.
- Serve the Courgetti immediately and sprinkle over some more Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve the Courgetti as a light meal, or as an accompaniment to any meat, chicken, fish or vegetable dish of your choice.
- When using Parmesan cheese, always use Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- I always make double the amount of avocado pesto and use half of it in the Courgetti and keep half in my fridge to serve with any main dish, or as a dip with crudités, or even as a spread in sandwiches or on toast.