- 1 kg chicken thighs, skinless and boneless with all fat removed, each thigh chopped into 4 pieces
- 5 Large Cloves of Garlic
- 5 cm Piece of Ginger, peeled
- 1 Green Chilli
- 4 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 2 Large Onions, finely chopped
- 250g Natural Greek Full Fat Yoghurt
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Ground Almonds
- 1 tbsp Flaked Almonds
- 150ml Double Cream
- 30g Coriander, finely chopped
- Grind the garlic, ginger and chilli in a herb mill to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan adding the onions and the garlic, ginger, chilli paste.
- Fry on a moderate heat until the onions are golden brown and add the yoghurt and ground almonds, stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken, salt, garam masala, coriander powder, flaked almonds and mix well.
- On a low to medium heat, cook for about 40-45 minutes until the chicken is well cooked and the gravy is a darker shade of brown and has thickened.
- Add the cream and stir in.
- Heat through, stir in the coriander and serve with hot Basmati rice or Indian bread, such as Chapatti or Naan.
- If you make your own homemade garam masala you will find that the shahi korma is far more aromatic and the spices have more depth to them. I will post my garam masala recipe for you very shortly.