- 1 Large Lemon
- 4 cm Piece of Cucumber, grated
- 3 Sprigs of Mint
- 3 Sprigs of Lemon Verbena
- 120 ml Water, chilled
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 35 cl Prosecco
- 4 Long Pieces of Cucumber
- In a small pan heat up the sugar and water until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid is clear and not grainy. Allow to cool.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon and place into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the cucumber, mint and lemon verbena. Muddle all the ingredients together in the cocktail shaker.
- Add the chilled water. Put the top onto the cocktail shaker and shake away.
- Divide the lemon mixture between the 4 Champagne flutes through a small sieve, filling a third of each glass.
- Top each glass with Prosecco.
- Concertina each length of cucumber onto a small cocktail stick and place into the glass.
- I am a Champagne purist and I don't like to use it for Mimosas and Bellinis, therefore it is better to use a good quality Prosecco.
- Obviously adjust your quantities according to your needs.
- If you don't have any lemon verbena, just use mint, although I grow both in pots in the garden and it's easy enough to grow. It can also be used in Pimm's.
- This Mimosa also makes a great brunch drink.